Friday, October 1, 2021

Digging Up Memories

 Hi. <3

    This afternoon I found my old ballet slippers. Once, they were pale pink. Now they are a dirty, faded, rosy beige. The leather has worn off of the toes, and the insoles are now a greyish brown from some dirt... and a lot of sweat. Those ballet slippers have been through a lot. I loved them a lot. 

    Ballet is a chapter of my life that has been closed for a while, but I still like to dance sometimes. I tried the slippers on, but they were too small. When I tried to dance in them, I found that I couldn't. They just held onto my feet to tightly. I took them off. 

    But instead of shoving them back in the closet where I had found them, I decided to hang them on the wall by my desk. Now whenever I look at them, I can remember the time when ballet was my life. I have many sour memories from that time, but also many more good memories. I think it is important not to ignore the past, but to use it to help guide our futures.

See you around,

-Li


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Blog!

  Hello there!  My name is Lili, and welcome to my blog, Shimmering Ink! This blog will be about the creative side of life - with posts on D...